Financial Education for Ambitious People
Welcome to Student Loan CPA.com. This website is exclusively for members of the student loan generation. If you are one of those people, you know that money isn’t what you thought it was!
The purpose of this website is to help you think about money in a way that allows you to pursue your dream life. It is about how to earn, save, spend, and invest your money to create the right kind of wealth - yes, even if you have hundreds of thousands in debt. Whether your ambition is to become a CEO, business owner, professional, or a stay-at-home parent, you’ll need the right knowledge and mindset or money will continue to stand in your way.
Articles here reflect a long-term, strategic view. This means more discussion of how to pick a great career, and less about which careers pay the most; more articles about how to decide where to spend your money, and less on clipping coupons; more articles about when you shouldn’t put money in a 401K and less about how employer matches are “free money” you must accept at all costs. My writing is meant to provoke thought, so it almost always goes against everything you have been taught. Remember: very few people get rich by following conventional wisdom about money or doing what television shows say. To beat a large amount of debt, you will need to to do what people do to get rich.
Over time, this website will also contain personal blogs as I cover my experiences in my career and in my life. I already use myself as an example for many articles, but you will also see how I go from graduating college deep in debt, to digging myself out of it. It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen soon. How soon is soon? I’m not telling.
Where to begin?
This site contains enough free material to fill several books (and growing), but please don’t let that overwhelm you. No matter where you begin, it won’t take you long to find something you will benefit from. Be sure to bookmark this page, so that you can return to it later. Many readers begin their week by reading a few articles here, and report that it gives them a good perspective on their hard-earned money.
- Sign up for my exclusive mailing list. You will receive articles and exclusives not available on the site. The Facebook Investment Club is an example of the kind of material only available through the mailing list (Read Sample Articles Here). The Mailing List is FREE. I will not SPAM you or SELL your information. EVER.
- What’s Fresh & New? – Contains a list of my latest and greatest. It’s an excellent way to keep up with my weekly posts.
- Popular Posts – Contains the most controversial and polarizing articles selected based on popularity and intensity of discussion. Join the discussion!
- Categories – Have a specific topic you want to read about? Look no further than the categories located to the right of this text. It helps if you are seeking something specific.
- RSS Feed – Enter your email address to receive my posts automatically. This way you never have to wonder when the next post is coming out. You will just receive it!
*Note: All of the items listed above are on the sidebar (left and right) of the website. Take a few moments to explore the landscape.
Who is The Student Loan CPA?
The Student Loan CPA (also known as Albert Okagbue) lives on the bleeding edge of financial knowledge. He is a licensed Certified Public Accountant and the only one dedicated to developing an approach to financial planning that is optimal for people with thousands (or hundreds of thousands) in student loan debt. You can learn more about him on the About Page, or Hire his services. He is also on Facebook and Twitter.
Albert performs a lot of free public speaking events and private consultations to young adults with financial challenges. If you would like to support these efforts financially, please donate here.